Lanae and Alyssa talk about sex, a lot. They study it, write about it, give speeches about and even have it. A lot.
They are both mothers (with 3 daughters and 3 more sort-of-step-daughters between them.) They are both over-educated and as much as they love sex, sexuality is more of an altruistic & academic exploration for them. They are both the kind of clean-scrubbed, PTA moms that will bake a pie and help you figure out why you feel stuck in your life. They are “the girl next door” in every way. All grown up.
Amongst & Between them, they:
- Have damned near 50 years of experience having sex.
- Have been married and divorced.
- Have dated relentlessly and been celibate restfully.
- Have given birth.
- Have hated their bodies and loved their bodies.
- Have cheated, been cheated on and been cheated with.
- Had sex with boys and girls. Sometimes both.
- Have had excellent sex, seriously tragic sex, and just plain bad sex.
- Have felt shame, guilt and fear about their sexuality – we want less of that for everyone.
- Have felt joy, bliss, power and strength about their sexuality – and want more of that for everyone.
- Have friends and family who are straight, gay and bi.
- Honestly believe, from the bottom of their very warm hearts, that people are happier and healthier when they are happy and healthy about their own sexuality.
- Just plain like sex. More than they liked working, so they started working on this. (It did not impact our sex lives as we thought it would.)
Oh, and no, they’re not single. Neither one of them. But they do still appreciate that people ask.